Monday, March 15, 2010

Word - Flair

The word for this week is flair.

Its noun meaning: ability to appreciate or make good use of something: bent: talent; a unique style.

To say I love Queen Anne's Lace would be an understatement. I love everything about it - the intricate detail of the bud, bloom and seed pod to the strangeness of the presence it has. The tight birdcage holding all the buds and the dramatic skirt of the under carriage, doesn't it look like something from Alice in Wonderland? We have quite a lot of them around the pond and the farms around here and I am always on the lookout for a different version of this plant. This week I will focus on it in its many stages so you can appreciate its unique style. Maybe I'll even make you a lover of this plant as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment