Sunday, March 7, 2010

Little Inspirations

Here's my latest Colored Pencil of the Month Club piece. If you would like info about the Club you can check my website.

I wanted to do another glass piece after the success of Seashells (teaching this at HOOT this year) so went shopping for a glass container. I fell in love with the ruffled edge and knew it would be a challenge to pull off but I think it turned out pretty well! I added a nest, feathers and some eggs but it was missing something. I went to my junk drawer and low and behold, found just the object - a tag with "inspire" on it, perfect. Arranged the still life, took a lot of pictures with various lighting, angles and started drawing. The title reflects the tag and the nested eggs, who wouldn't love this combo?

No comments:

Post a Comment