Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wild Geranium

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the crocus flower. We have them planted all over and in front of my studio windows so when they pop up, I will know it. When they do, I'll make sure to share their splendor with you all. The robin is my first sign that Spring is coming, seeing the crocus bloom is the second so I look for them as soon as March begins.

This little lavender wildflower photo will just have to do until then. I love the tiny hanging buds (my favorite part of the photo of course) and the soft range of pastel color. Did you notice even the stem of the flower is a deep violet? Cool, huh! Doesn't the vibrant kelly green of the leaf just make the flower pop off the page. Who knew this color combination would be so striking? Once again, Mother Nature at her finest - truly a gift to witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment