Sunday, August 11, 2013

Teaching 11/30

I taught this colored pencil class at my 20th HOOT Convention this past week. It really defines my career as a decorative artist. It was the first convention I ever attended, shopping at first, buying all I could carry and treasuring each aisle of goods with anticipation. I started exhibiting my own designs 2 years later and then teaching a couple years after that. I have run the gamut of classes - drawing, business, pen and ink, creativity, sketching, acrylics, colored pencils and now, mixed media. I love the enthusiasm of students, the energy they bring into each and every class and the certain look they get when they finally "get it!" It is a thrilling exchange I have been blessed to witness over and over again for the past 15 years, one I will cherish for a lifetime. If you have ever been in one of my classes, thank you for letting me into your creative world if even just for a couple hours together, I am forever grateful!

6 comments:

  1. Love this piece! Will you be selling it as a packet or online lesson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you are able to share your experience and talent with others this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one lucky girl, but so are WE! Thank you for sharing all of your amazing talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, having had the privilege of taking a few of your classes, I can say that you have such a big heart and gentle spirit. It is impossible to get stressed in your classes because of that. I admire that you stretch your wings and grow and take us on that journey with you. Congratulations for having such a blessed career that brings you so much joy!
    ~Linda Marino

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the class and the project! Keep them coming, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly: This is just beautiful!! It's hard to believe you colored those beautiful insects. I do miss our fairy classes at Café Crop....Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete