Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Red Sparklers 7/30

I spotted these beauties from the front porch. They were just standing there all brilliant red and spectacular. I couldn't wait to go take a closer look. And yes, they are just as beautiful up close. Their petals are so thick and waxy in appearance yet the flower seems so delicate. I love that they present their stamen to Mother Earth first. A testament and thankfulness to the soil that keeps them nurtured all year long from heat and cold. I think they are always looking for a startled gasp of bewilderment from spectators. I know it got that reaction from me! They are tall too, almost 3'6". Oh yeah, a force to be reckoned with. I do hope the next time you see a sparkle of red in a garden, you will imagine this wondrous sight awaiting your arrival!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous lilies! They seems to be inviting us to embrace our earthy passions. :)

    ReplyDelete