Saturday, August 10, 2013

Star Magnolia Palette 10/30

I wait for these blooms all winter long. The Star Magnolia means that spring is really here and they are the start to a phenomenal beginning in my yard. I love the delicate petals and although we bought them in a tiny planted pot, they are now formidable bushes standing about 3' tall. Scattered among the gardens, they are little white sparkles against the lime green grass sprouting after a long winters end. I thought it would be fun to study the colors found around the flowers center. I pulled each palette swatch from that area. Can you match them up. I love that the deep barn red is found right in the heart of the flower. That Mother Nature knew what she was doing at her botanical easel that day.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful flower and I love the palette you included!!! I hope you are having a fantastic summer - from you posts, it sounds like you definitely are!!! Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete