Friday, August 2, 2013

Bee Garden 2/30

The bees were crazy today, I am actually surprised I didn't get stung. They were swarming the coneflowers like they had never gathered pollen before but it was a perfect day. After a day of drizzle, the sun was out, the skies were blue and the clouds were amazing. It is really no wonder the bees were taking full advantage of it. I actually closed my eyes while shooting just to see if I could hear their excitement over their joyous discovery. Guess what? It was so loud, you would not have believed it. It was a purr, a practiced hum of work, busy work but also a great day in the garden. Close your eyes, what do you hear today? I hope it is magical!

1 comment:

  1. I love your bee picture Kelly. I am known for wandering around gardens taking pictures of bees! I have never been stung while doing that which is weird. I'm allergic to bees but have such a fascination with them. Have you ever watched them to the point where their legs are just laden with pollen? Those are the cool shots. I have a couple that may make some nice colored pencil designs for you if interested.
    I just came back from vacation on the East Coast. We had eight hummingbirds that were at the feeder on a regular basis. Aside from taking pictures, I loved to just listen to them. Life can be magical when you watch and listen. {{hugs}} Linda

    ReplyDelete