Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Strike a Pose

The Thesaurus words for "gutsy" were quite interesting - courageous, gallant, indomitable, intrepid, mettlesome, plucky, spirited, spunky, infernal, valiant.

I picked this photo after seeing the words plucky and spirited. Doesn't this little dragon gecko fit the titles? I couldn't resist his charm or great pose - Madonna would be so proud (Vogue)!

So what do you do in your artistic life that is gutsy?
I try to think waayyyy outside the box and do things unexpected but it takes a lot of percolation of my creative juices. The idea can sit there for weeks sometimes just waiting to come forward. I don't give up because I know it will eventually get here. Of course, a deadline is a sure way to get the juices flowing and usually in a great big hurry. Do you also know that you should do at least 10 idea sketches because usually the first one is the weakest. Believe me, it is almost always true. Take chances, the risk will outweigh the outcome every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment