Monday, August 2, 2010

Painted Rose Hips

I can't believe it but I have finally finished my painting WHEW! I can honestly say it even looks like me and my artwork, not a small feat you know. It is on a long, tall bread board from JB Wood and screamed for some kind of nature to be put on it so here is it, the final look.

I found the skeleton leaf in the yard yesterday and knew it would be a perfect addition to my little trompe l'oeil piece. The decoupaged quote says "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous" by Aristotle. I like adding that special something to draw the viewer in for a closer look and this will definitely do it. The rose hips are from a colored pencil piece I did years ago but felt if would add vibrancy and interest in its square format. The hanging pencil was added for depth, a touch of yellow and the vertical element. I think it brings a lot to the final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment