Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hibiscus Hat

I like a lot about this photo especially the way the buds seem to be sitting on the blooms head like a little green bowler hat. It's interesting to me that I didn't even notice that in real life, I was more concerned about the front twig framing the flowers center. The light of the white hibiscus is great for showing all sorts of colors in the shadows. Can you see the green around the center and under the buds, the blue on the front bottom petal not to mention all the wonderful warm and cool greys in each and every ruffle? It would be a great value study of white.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your observations of this beautiful white hibiscus. I always tell my painting students that painting white effectively requires several colors to properly describe it! One must look closely to really see all that is there.

    ReplyDelete