Friday, June 18, 2010

Orange Abstraction

These bright orange beauties are near our porch so anyone who enters will see them. They are hard to miss with their intense color add the interesting shadows and I couldn't help but photograph them. I cropped this one tightly around the bloom to show you all the values inside the flower. Aren't the shadows wonderfully intriguing? I could do a lot with this one. I would like to crop it even tighter around the center stamen to give it an abstract feel. Hold your fingers up to the screen, see how it changes its appearance? Neat, huh! Of course I would have to leave the interesting shadows on the lower petals as part of the abstraction because I just love them. I hardly ever use a photo exactly like it is, move your cropping around until you get something a little more spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment