Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NOLA Statuary

I was so inspired by the statuary everywhere in New Orleans. It seems like you couldn't go a couple houses without seeing another beautiful creation. This one was in the middle of the French Quarters across from the cathedral I shared with you in yesterdays post. The glorious goddesses holding up the roof just captured my attention while looking at the courtyard through some very tall shrubs. I just loved the color, the texture and the formality of it, don't you?

I hope you have enjoyed my inspirational tour of New Orleans. I promise if you ever do get the time to visit, you will already have a head start on this secret little garden of eden. Be inspired, eat benignets for breakfast, lunch and dinner - after all, they are just dough filled with air lightly sprinkled with powered sugar served in the most creative atmosphere I've ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment