Tuesday, June 15, 2010

NOLA Architecture

Architecture to me evokes such a sense of history that I really miss it in today's building. In New Orleans the architecture is so full of ornate carvings, mile high pillars, decorative iron and just everything they could think of to carve or put in a nook that I found myself constantly looking toward the sky. I share a love of the detail of architecture and wanted to know the history of everything while walking around. The wonderful churches, cemeteries and historical buildings kept my mind busy for a very long time. Here's one I would like to share with you to help you understand the emotion I felt while discovering the French Quarter - breathtaking isn't it? The dramatic sky was just the icing on the cake for this cathedral to look so intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment