Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cactus, Really?

While out in Phoenix last year I got to take a lot of pictures of various cactus and this one really caught my eye. Isn't it interesting? It reminded me of pine cones but they grew on the ground, just fascinating. This variety is called a spruce cone cactus, no I didn't remember, there just happened to be a sign elsewhere in the photo :)

It's another example of great texture and the shining sun sure makes the structure interesting to look at, doesn't it? I think this would make such a great background texture to show off something wonderfully delicate. Then again, a band of this in the middle of a picture would be quite nice as well. Maybe it could be showcased with a winter theme - some cardinals, a poinsettia, who knows - let your creativity go wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment