Thursday, June 21, 2012

Just Thinking

So today it was dreary with a bit of rain creating a very melancholy mood for myself. It got me thinking about art, life and what matters most. So what is it for you that matters? Me, a happy and comfortable life with laughter, creativity and inspiration not to mention trust, intelligence and independence. I require all of those to keep me going, motivated and to simply enjoy every day. I'm very fortunate to make art as a living and I appreciate that. But I also strive very hard to improve, grow, challenge and learn new and interesting things to keep me discovering more ways of self expression. Living an artful life in my home, studio and in art is important to me fully being in the moment. What would happen if you placed a big vase of leaves on the table, brought in a rock or twig with some interesting berries, and put it out for all to see. What kind of conversation do you think this would create with family and friends? Mine, just that I'm an artist and see things differently, eclectically and well, appreciate beauty in just about everything. I hope you see the every day for what it is, just beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the things I enjoy about you Kelly - the wonderful way you see life and your desire to be the best you can be! Thank you for your beautiful photos and inspiring words that you post so consistently.

    ReplyDelete