Friday, July 2, 2010

Formality

This is the formal fountain at Brookfield Zoo and I just fell in love with the elephant topiaries. They have four of them on each corner of the fountain and if you look closely, you can see the back one between the fountains to the right - see it? I had to share because how often do you see such creative things made out of greenery? I now am trying to figure out how to turn my boxwoods into a little creature, hummm.

I hope you are looking for creative inspirations all around you because you never know what will trigger your artistic juices. Just the other day I was riding around and saw an aluminum boat, wrapped around a tree, planted with flowers. It was the neatest thing I had ever seen in a yard and it made me wonder a couple things while driving home. Does a fisherman live there? Was the boat rusted through or not used anymore? Whose idea was it the fishermans or the gardeners? Who knew it would prompt my mind in this fashion (you all since you have been following my blog LOL) but also, I was caught without my camera. What? Crazy I know, since it is almost always in my car. So, if you are reading this and it is in your front yard, I would love to have a photo to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment