Monday, April 1, 2013

Word - Finally

The word for this week is finally.

The adjective meaning of final - not to be altered or undone; ultimate; relating to or occurring at the end or conclusion (finally is the adverb).

I have been waiting, looking to the garden daily for the last couple of weeks and finally have seen the sight I have been hoping for - the crocus flowers. We have large and small, and color varieties from the palest lavender to the deepest violet, white and sunshine yellow. But these striped beauties are by far my favorite. I love their color with the frosted white striations on the outside hiding the medium violet on the inside but the surprise comes in the shape of their bright yellow orange stamen. Love Mother Nature for that glorious treat! Their delicate long skinny leaves with their white stripe are another indication of her ingenious design. I can't imagine what her inspiration was for this tiny treasure but I'm sure glad the muse lead her to it!

1 comment:

  1. Those are just gorgeous! Easy to see why they are your fave, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete