Thursday, April 4, 2013

Free Jonquils

Our local flower shop, Brumm's Bloomin' Barn, was giving away jonquils with every purchase this week and well, I was a lucky participant! Their bright, lively cadmium yellow deliciousness really put a smile on my face so I wanted to share their color with you. When I took them outside to photograph the sun just lit them up even more, almost blinding you in vibrantly intense warm yellows. Next to the winter landscape, this was a very welcome sight to experience color this way. I loved the way the dark shadow on the porch really makes the flowers take center stage making them almost look cutout and pasted onto the vase. But did you happen to notice that fantastic shadow next to the vase, what an interesting art piece this would make. All the angles of the bloom edges, the rich shadows, the vase, the leaning flowers, the nice line of stems, are all things my artistic eye treasure so yes, you will be seeing this set up again. Happy Spring and thank you Brumm's!


1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun and refreshing! Lucky "participant" you! :-) Love this and your blurb -- always so enjoyable to read your artistic thoughts, Kelly! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete