Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Floral Fireworks

I love fireworks and usually make John take me all over the county seeing them night after night. They are simply magical and transport me into childhood with each ignited blossom that appears in the night sky. The oohs and ahhs of the crowd thrill me beyond belief because it is as if I am seeing them for the first time once again. These red monarda remind me so much of fireworks that we have them in several places around the gardens. Their fuzzy tufted tops look like a crazy muppet hairdo but I simply cannot smile when seeing them up close and personal. What's not to love, they are red, wild and delight my inner childish spirit whenever I see them.

Happy Independence Day 2012! I hope you enjoy the holiday with family and friends and do go see the firework show, you won't be disappointed, promise!

1 comment: