Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wonderment

My friend Cindy sent me an amaryllis bulb for Christmas and I have to say it has been blooming for over 6 weeks now and it is beautiful. I have never had the pleasure of owning one, only just admired them from afar. I wanted to show you the vibrancy of the lime green that is in the center of the flower. It is just not what you expect yet it is so beautiful the way it tints the veins of each petal every so slightly making you notice them upon closer inspection. The multi colored stamen shooting right into your face are a little blurry but just another interesting aspect of this specimen. I hope you will grace your home with one or more of these next year, believe me, I will be looking for the bulbs and maybe get another surprise next year. Here's hoping anyways :D

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous green! You always do such a wonderful job describing your pictures. I have had Paperwhites before and LOVE them. There is just something about bulbs . . . especially inside during the winter.

    ReplyDelete