Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take a Risk

Some Thesaurus words for "chance" - accident, adventure, bet, break, coincidence, destiny, doom, fluke, fortune, future, gamble, happening, kismet, lot, luck, misfortune, occurrence, odds, peradventure, peril, prospect, scope, time, wager, venture.

Although the whites are blown out of this photo, I loved the look of it. The contrast of the white flower and black butterfly surrounded by all the values of greenery is just something I couldn't pass up. I chased it for a while but it finally lost me in the woods. The hosta flower is such a temptation to this swallowtail butterfly that it just couldn't resist its sweet nectar. Not only does it take a risk of being eaten while attaining the nectar but look how far into the flower it has to go to get to it.

When was the last time you took a chance like this and I don't mean at the dinner table either? To wholeheartedly commit to something out of your comfort zone, that's what I'm talking about. I've given myself the opportunity to rediscover my creative side without pressure or limitations. What are you doing for yourself today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying your butterfly series. Well done, you, for capturing these guys so well!

    ReplyDelete