Monday, April 28, 2014

Word - Luminous

The word for this week is luminous.

Its adjective meaning is emitting light; lighted; clear, intelligible.

The petals in the sunlight, is there really anything more beautiful than this? Not in my mind, really, it almost brings me to tears the way the color overlaps and mixes with the sunlight to create an orchestra of luminous quality that my artistic muse can't ignore. I just can't say enough, the beauty is there to see, you just have to look, it is everywhere. The soft delicate values show the fragility of each little petal on these mini daffodils. The deep orange centers just give them so much depth and darkness really making you see the transparent nature of blooms in general. I think this is one of my favorite photos I have ever taken and well, it is one I will be thinking about for weeks to come. Look around today, see what every day presents and find that one thing that makes you grateful for its existence. Find the magic!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your artistic explanation. I never really looked at a daffodil that closely, now I will.

    ReplyDelete