Sunday, February 17, 2013

Vintage Illustrations

I adore botanical prints and was fortunate enough to stumble across a booth that shared my love interest at the Junk Bonanza. I scored so many pages that included the subjects of birds, flowers, eggs, butterflies, bulbs and aquatic life that I don't know where to start. I want to use them in my mixed media pieces but for safe measure I will also be scanning them to reuse over and over. I like to use originals in my art whenever possible because I think it adds an authenticity to my artwork. As for what I will be making, I'm not really sure. I just know by starting with such inspiration, how can I go wrong, right? I will keep you posted on the creative journey and when I get a piece or two finished I will be sure to share the journey with you. So, my question for you, what gets you really excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment