Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Calming Effect

I love this shot - the water drop on top of the brown wrapper, the way the white petals look like wings and the pale yellow ruffles resembling a skirt. What's not to like, right? It gives me a calmness because of the composition but also makes me take a moment to look at what I'm seeing. Not your average photo of a daffodil but one I treasure. I like to take photos from all angles just to give myself a new perspective and this one was no different - taken from above, it shows the structure of the flower quite nicely. It helps the realist inside my artistic body make sense of what is actually going on with the plant anatomically speaking. You just never know when and where you will find inspiration so look at things from all sides and angles - surprise yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment