Thursday, June 6, 2013

White Really?

Another shot of the crab apple trees, are you sick of them yet? I sure hope not. They just make me smile and this photo makes me really want to show you how we perceive the value of white. Look in the blurred background on the right, that is a true white. Now look at the blossoms, although we know they are white, and we say they are white flowers, are they really. Look deeply into each bloom and you will see a multitude of lovely colors just waiting for your discovery. There are soft creams, greens of various tones and hues, a touch of pink coming through some and look at the lovely darks that are included. I do hope that if you were to render them in a painting, you would think to put all those lovely color varieties within their blossoms. Now where is my sketchbook...

No comments:

Post a Comment