Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Steampunk Series

My second online
e-course is about to go live. Today at midnight in fact.
To say I'm nervous, excited, thrilled, inspired and just plain happy would be an under-statement. This class has made me think beyond myself and embrace a bit of the daring artist inside. Steampunk isn't for everyone. In fact, most people don't even know what Steampunk is. If you can just imagine the melding of the Victorian Era and the Industrial Age, you have it made. Think soft but tattered, mechanical but intriguing, perfection to me. I was able to use my architectural rendering side to come up with wild and strange pieces that just make me happy. It added a quirky twist to my work that even I didn't know existed. I loved the challenge of finding what kind of items I could add that would give me the machine side of steampunk. Believe when I say, it was not what I expected. There are washers, gears, nuts, zippers, beads, charms, nails, clock parts and optical lenses, where else can that seem normal, right? Loved the challenge of making everyday items work in a piece of art.

So, have I convinced you yet to join the class? There is still time but know the hands are moving quickly, we start at midnight...
If you want to check it out you can find more information here http://kellyhoernig.webs.com/ecourses.htm

1 comment:

  1. Kelly - this is a BIG day for you and I am so excited to see all of the ways that you are expressing your amazing creative talent and teaching style!

    Congratulations - this is only the beginning for you! xo

    ReplyDelete