Friday, December 16, 2011

What's Your Word?

My friend Cindy Rippe sent this site to me (link below) and what an inspiration it was. It asks you to think about a word to represent you for the upcoming year and then keep track of it and see how it fits. That got me thinking about this year and all the changes I went through. Really feeling like I couldn't paint anymore or design without a photograph, searching for my artistic career path, pondering about what I'm meant to do with my art, the constant chase of the muse, the feeling of being lost. So, with heavy thinking, taking several courses to inspire me and just asking questions out loud, the answers have come slowly but they have come, and I am so thankful for each and every one of them. Now this art piece is part of a journal I did in August and although I used it as a background element, I didn't realize the connection until now. So I am giving it the weight it needs by saying that "boomerang" is me, my 2011 definition. What's yours?


2 comments:

  1. I love the exercise, and where it takes us. And after we fly all around, like a butterfly, we settle on a word that is precious. I've still got three in the "narrow it down a little more" part, and I promised another post and give away on Tuesday. Better than a resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, Kelly, my word is "Choices". I hope to be more proactive in what I chose to do next year instead of just living in survival mode. Looking forward to the journey and I'm glad you are too!

    ReplyDelete